Monday, January 11, 2016

Basic Bitch - The "married with two kids and a job" version


Hello people! My name is Beth, and I'm a basic bitch. Oh, and I'm also rather blunt. And maybe not the "basic bitch" Wikipedia definition (which I just googled) but I'm definitely basic. So it's not horrible, right? Just. Basic. I'm a mom, wife, employee, daughter, sister and friend. Basic. I go to the gym. Try to eat healthy. And many times I suck at those things. I like my weekend cocktails. I love cheese (but it's my gateway drug). And I love to cook but don't get to often enough because of "basic" responsibilities. But when I do and it looks good, I post that shit on Facebook! Ugh, so basic.
 I'm pretty good at my job. Most of the time. Sometimes I even like it. But I could probably be a professional bad-tv watcher if given the opportunity. 
And I consider it an accomplishment if at the end of the week everyone is alive and has one more pair of clean underwear (or diaper) for Saturday.  
Why am I here writing? Well because this basic bitch is trying to be just a little better. A little "more than". I feel like a lot of us want to be a little "more than", and I'm too tired to try and facilitate world peace. So, I figured I would just talk to you. I love talking to my friends but of course because of families and obligations and such, we don't get to do it enough. Again, basic. 
I hate saying the word "resolution" because it just never works for me. So for my 2016 I just want to get the thoughts out of my head and into the world (however small that "world" may be) so I don't lose my mind. And to see if I can't relate to some other basic bitches out there. It may not last and maybe no one cares but hey, if it makes me feel a little bit better I'll take it. 
So I have a lot to say, and hopefully through your ability to identify with some of it you'll find a laugh or two. Or not. But I'll try! Because sometimes shit is just too serious and sometimes when you're a mom and a wife and an employee, you don't get to hear your own voice and it's just kind of screaming in your head dying to get out. 
Here is to getting it out! Basic bitches unite! 


Peace. Love. And sanity.

6 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Can't wait for the next post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy! There will be one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a mom, but definitely basic and I thought it was funny! Thanks for the laugh! Good luck blogging : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Nikki! Glad you got a laugh out of it!!

      Delete